Are you clear on your message?
Public speaking and presenting at work isn’t easy by any stretch of the imagination. Most people would rather do anything else than stand to speak in front of the public, clients or colleagues. If it happens to be something that you enjoy and look forward to, congratulations.
The National Social Anxiety Centre goes as far to suggest that as many as 73% of us consider it a significant challenge. At Mindful Presenter we believe that one of the most important questions we need to ask ourselves to help overcome this anxiety is, ‘Why’.
Whether you are presenting to your team, the board of directors or to potential clients, the most important question you can ask is ‘why’.
Ask yourself why:
– Am I planning to speak
– My message is so important to share
– This will make a difference to my audience
Clarity of your message will bring clarity of:
– The point of your presentation
– Your objective – what you want your audience to do with the information
– The value your presentation offers your audience
– Your intention – how you want your audience to feel
With absolute focus, clarity and conviction as to why our presentation will make a significant difference to our audience, everything changes.
If you need help getting clarity of your message:
– Book yourself onto a powerful public speaking course.
– Invest in some really good one to one public speaking coaching.
– Get yourself some excellent presentation training
I really hope you enjoyed this post. If you did, please feel free to share it through your preferred social media channels below and subscribe to our mailing list so you won’t miss any future posts.
If this article has inspired you to learn a little more about how effective your presentation skills are you may want to take a look at our presentation training and public speaking coaching pages to see how we may be able to help you. You will also find a great deal of really helpful ‘free’ information in our Learning Centre.